Are you a history buff? Are you serious about financial stewardship and strive for continuous improvement? Do you get satisfaction from working collaboratively with others?
At the Edsel & Eleanor Ford House, we are looking for our next great team member and Finance Leader. If you’d enjoy working in a historical setting with a great group of people, then read on!
The Edsel & Eleanor Ford House tells the story of the home life of one of America's most prominent families. The Fords were cultural, social and economic leaders in an era of great optimism, as well as a turbulent time of economic depression and conflict. While they were known throughout the country, they were proud to call Southeast Michigan their home.
To learn more about this great estate, please to go FordHouse.org.
Our next Finance Leader will:
- Be hands-on.
- Operate at both tactical and strategic levels.
- Be self-reliant, a good problem solver, and results-oriented.
- Demonstrate efficiency with all resources including time, effort, and finances.
- Be a collaborative co-worker, seeking input from others to produce the best outcome.
- Place emphasis on people and relationships.
- Be mentally quick and able to switch gears effectively.
- Be proactive.
- Ongoing Financial & Accounting Stewardship including financial planning, budgets & expenses, investment relationships, internal controls and audits.
- Finance & Accounting Infrastructure including financial & accounting systems, controls, financial policies and procedures and reporting systems, metrics and tools.
- Financial Planning & Reporting including annual financial plan, forecasts, internal financial statements and reports and analysis for the CEO, Board, and management.
- Evaluation, Analysis & Continuous Improvement including introduction of new programs, policies and strategies that enhance the museum’s financial standing.
- Support The Edsel & Eleanor Ford House team.
- Required: 5+ years in managing finance and accounting functions in a rapidly scaling organization.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/or Accounting.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in Business or Finance & Accounting.
- Preferred: Experience in accounting with a private foundation, museum, or nonprofit organization.
The Edsel & Eleanor Ford House is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.